We currently offer six sesshin each year. They are led by Elihu
Genmyo Smith and last from three to five days. Part-time attendance
To submit your application online click HERE.
To view the printable application, click HERE
An application form can also be requested by phoning our office at (217)355-8835. Application with donation is due 2 weeks prior to the beginning of sesshin. Late registrants should add $10 per day of attendance to their donation. Except in the case of emergencies, please attend all of the sesshin days/times for which your are registering.
All sesshin are held at the Prairie Zen Center, 515 S. Prospect in Champaign unless otherwise indicated.
The following is our schedule for upcoming sesshin. Except as noted, all sesshin begin at 7:30pm the first evening and end at 12:00pm the last day followed by an informal lunch. At 6:00pm the first evening there is an orientation for first-time participants. To view the daily sesshin schedule, click HERE
May 22nd (Wed) to 27th (Mon)
July 12th (Fri) to 14th (Sun) in Springfield
August 28th (Wed) to September 2nd (Mon)
The cost for full time attendance is $105 for dues paying members and $150 for non members for the 3-day sesshin and $175 for members and $250 for non members for the 5-day sesshin. The part-time fee is $35 per day for members; $50 per day for non-members. For those on limited incomes, a sesshin fee of $25 per day can be requested. To register, please submit your application and payment two weeks prior to the beginning of sesshin. Late registration requires an additional $10 per day of attendance. A full refund is available for cancellation up to one week prior to sesshin.
Items you will need
- All meals during sesshin are provided by PZC. If you have special food requirements based on medical conditions, please let the sesshin coordinator know.
- Sleeping quarters are arranged for participants by sesshin coordinator. These are normally on the floor of the PZC, so sleeping bags and pillows should be brought. You may wish to also bring an air mattress or sleeping mat.
- Towel, toothbrush, etc.
- Sitting cushion (these will be provided by the PZC if you don't have one. Chairs and sitting benches are also available.)
- Work clothes (jeans and shirt [boots, gloves, and coat in cold weather]).
- Oryoki set (this is a formal meal setting that can be leased from the PZC if you do not have one).