We currently offer six sesshin each year. They are led by Elihu
Genmyo Smith and last from three to five days. Part-time attendance
Click HERE to read the PZC Sesshin Policy Statement
The cost for full time attendance is $120 for members (those up-to-date with their monthly donations) and $180 for non members for the 3-day sesshin and $200 for members and $300 for non members for the 5-day sesshin. The part-time fee is $40 per day for members; $60 per day for non-members. For those on limited incomes, a sesshin fee of $25 per day can be requested. Add $5 to your total if you do not own an Oryoki Bowl set and you will be provided with one at sesshin. To register, use one of the links at the bottom of this page. Please submit your application and payment at least one week prior to the beginning of sesshin. Late registration requires an additional $10 per day of attendance.
A full refund is available for cancellation up to one week prior to sesshin, 50% refund up to the first day of sesshin.
All sesshin are held at the Prairie Zen Center, 515 S. Prospect in Champaign unless otherwise indicated.
The following is our schedule for upcoming sesshin.
August 27th (Wed) to September 1st (Mon) - Late registration begins August 20th
Except as noted, all sesshin begin at 7:30pm the first evening and end at 12:00pm the last day followed by an informal lunch. At 6:00pm the first evening there is an orientation for first-time participants. To view the daily sesshin schedule, click HERE
Items you will need
- All meals during sesshin are provided by PZC. If you have special food requirements based on medical conditions, please let the sesshin coordinator know.
- Sleeping quarters are arranged for participants by sesshin coordinator. These are normally on the floor of the PZC, so sleeping
bags/blankets and pillows should be brought. For comfort, you may wish to also bring an air mattress or sleeping mat.
- Towel, toothbrush, etc.
- Sitting cushion (these will be provided by the PZC if you don't have one. Chairs and sitting benches are also available.)
- Work clothes (jeans and shirt [boots, gloves, and coat in cold weather]).
- Oryoki set (this is a formal meal setting that can be leased from the PZC if you do not have one).
Registering for Sesshin
To submit your application online click HERE.
To view the printable application, click HERE
Applications are also available at the Center.
Application with donation is due 1 week prior to the beginning of sesshin.
Late registrants should add $10 per day of attendance to their donation.
Except in the case of emergencies, please attend all of the sesshin days/times for which your are registering.